Greentech Investment Programme 2022/10
On 31st of October 2022, SmartCap published Greentech Investment Programme (GTIP) terms for green technology companies to apply for an investment from SmartCap Green Fund. GTIP is addressed to green technology companies who wish to apply for an investment from SmartCap Green Fund.
Investment Programme terms
SmartCap aims to invest up to EUR 20,000,000 in total under the GTIP according to the following conditions:
- SmartCap Green Fund will make investments as equity or convertible instruments in green technology companies that are established and operating in Estonia.
- The target size of one investment is EUR 250,000-2,500,000.
- SmartCap Green Fund may initially participate in investment rounds from Seed funding up to Series B funding.
- SmartCap Green Fund will participate in an investment round pari passu with other independent private investor(s), whereas the participation of the private investor(s) is at least 50% of the investment round.
- SmartCap Green Fund will make investments until the capital allocated for the GTIP is exhausted. Expected end of GTIP is the end of 2024.
A company shall be considered to be a green technology company, if it meets both of the following criteria:
- the company develops innovative and/or research-intensive technologies; and
- such technology contributes to at least one of the following environmental objectives:
- climate change mitigation;
- climate change adaptation;
- the sustainable use and protection of water and marine resources;
- the transition to a circular economy;
- pollution prevention and control; and
- the protection and restoration of biodiversity and ecosystem.
The companies may submit requests for clarification regarding the GTIP according to Investment Programme Terms in English via email to with subject field name “Clarifications – Green Tech Investment Programme 2022/10”.
The investment applications must be submitted in the form set out in GTIP and be supplemented with the appendices and other documents required therein. The application documents are to be submitted according to the requirements prescribed in GTIP terms.